WHY TO OPT CENTURION ACADEMY FOR NDA/CDS/AIR FORCE/NAVY/AFCAT WRITTEN EXAM COACHING
- Centurion Academy is India FINEST Armed forces Preparatory Institute: supervised by PSYCHOLOGIST J. B. MALL, Brig. B. C. PATHAK and COL. SINGH, Centurion Academy is the Premier, the FINEST and the Best Academy for SSB Interviews with over 30 years of experience.
- Every fourth defence aspirant of the Indian Armed forces contacts Centurion Academy to check his or her OLQ’s via free of cost OIR testing over here.
- Infrastructure: The Centurion Academy campus provides unmatched infrastructure, in addition to separate hostel facilities for boys and girls over lush green, pollution free PRO-SSB environment.
- Teachers: The highly qualified, experienced and updated faculty for NDA written coaching provides students with the right guidance to get best results in the exam. Students are coached by permanent faculty members not part-time teachers (working on per class basis) as in many other institutes.
- Library: Only Centurion academy offers the facility of a fully equipped library offering 1000+ relevant and important books pertaining to the syllabus of the examination and competitive exam preparation. Students can issue these books for self study, revision, practice etc.
- Timed Discipline: Centurion Academy is a Defence preparatory institute with strict rules that all students must abide by. All students are expected to follow the Honour Code and Discipline Code of Conduct of Centurion Academy, failing which they may be expelled without refunds. These guidelines enforced by the academy inculcate good values and discipline in the students. Students also learn the importance and benefits of proper time management. Sundays and other holidays are not observed to maintain continuity and to ensure students can focus on upcoming exam without distractions.
- Physical Fitness: Only Centurion Academy provides opportunity to play games like basket ball,football,cricket and various other indoor and outdoor games. We also conduct ‘Academy sports week’ in which students get opportunity to participate in all sport-events and inter sports championship with other recognized institutes of Lucknow.
- Only Centurion Academy runs Till selection Batches for NDA written exam unlike other institutes that only open for the few month before the examination
- Exam oriented coaching: Since exam patterns vary for each examination, Centurion Academy offers exam specific coaching for NDA, CDS, AFCAT,CPF etc.
IMPORTANT TERMS, DATES & DURATION:
Our exclusive curriculum covers all aspects and entire syllabus of the examination. We offer 3 months,6 months, 1 year and till selection courses. We conduct two different written bathes i.e. Starter batch and Advanced batch based on entrance performance of student. Academy office is open 24 hours a day. Seats are limited and available on first come first served basis.
COMPREHENSIVE 3 MONTHS,6 MONTHS,12 MONTHS AND TILL SELECTION COURSES:
- Classroom preparation: Our daily scheduled 180 mins classes(Maths,English and General Science) covering all aspects and entire syllabus of the examination as prescribed by the UPSC. Our free PD and spoken English classes are conducted on every Saturday.
- India’s best and exclusive Study Material: We provide our own books for SSB interview written by psychologist JB Mall(India’s best SSB trainer) and various other books for written exams , Question banks practice sets of each subject, ready reference notes for important topics, all extensively researched and prepared after analysis of previous years’ exam patterns.
- Doubt clearing Sessions: Daily assignment for each class and practice sets help students to assess their own progress. Model papers are also provided as important questions for exams. Doubt clearing sessions are held to answer all queries of students with our best possible ways.
- Exhaustive test series: Weekly practice tests of each subject to prepare students for upcoming competition and provide them with vital self assessment tools. Mock tests are also held to prepare the student for NDA, CDS exams.
- Current affairs/GK: Special weekly updates on defence related news, and finest developments, events and people in news. General Knowledge is taken up thoroughly.
- Syllabus covered: In the NDA written exam coaching include English, General Knowledge & Current Affairs, Mathematics, Reasoning, Physics, Chemistry, Biology, History, Geography, Polity, Economics, Constitution, Biodiversity etc.
COACHING IS A MUST FOR NDA/NA WRITTEN EXAMINATION!
In order to prepare oneself for a competitive exam like NDA, coaching is a must to be smarter than others. In today’s competitive exams like NDA coaching is a must because:
- More than 5,00,000 students sit for this exam and the number is increasing drastically year by year. Hence making the exam more and more competitive and one mark difference could mean selection or rejection of the candidate. There are anywhere between 300- 400 seats, so students who are serious, must get the edge above others for which coaching is a must.
- Students can take advantage of the vast experience of subject and examination expert faculty.
- Examination specific and comprehensive study material of notes, practice sets, assignments and worksheets provides the right material for preparation.
- Any concept doubts can be cleared right away, thus students can build strong fundamentals.
- Meeting other candidates who are sitting for the same exam can be a great motivator. Students can exchange knowledge and also have an idea of their competition.
- Regular mock tests ensure students are mentally prepared for exam day and know exactly how to approach the exam and what to expect.
- Students are able to discipline themselves, develop good concentration and form a study habit, which is far more useful than ordinary self-study.
What to bring?
For Class: Students are not required to bring any books. All study material is issued to the students upon admission. Students must bring personal registers or note books and stationary like pens.
For Hostels: Beds and mattresses are provided, but students should bring their own bedding i.e. bed sheets (2 Nos.) and Pillow. For winter months students should bring thick blankets and razai.
Personal Items: Students are expected to dress smartly for class, please bring personal clothing accordingly. Students should carry all personal toiletries. Sports shoes are a must. Please avoid bringing expensive personal items or cash. Even though lockers are provided, students are responsible for their own personal belongings.
CRASH COURSES: We provide crash courses prior to exam dates. Please call us for crash course queries.
Coaching should be taken from an Academy of repute. Defence aspirants who want to take up coaching are advised to first check from references or visit any institute they may be considering and then make their final decisions. Candidates should not to be convinced by fake advertisements and misleading photos published on pamphlets, hoardings and websites.
What is NDA?
The National Defence Academy (NDA) is the Joint Services academy of the Indian Armed Forces, where cadets of the three services, the Army, the Navy and the Air Force train together before they go on to pre-commissioning training in their respective service academies. The NDA is located in Khadakwasla near Pune, Maharashtra. It is the first tri-service academy in the world.
NDA alumni have led and fought in every major conflict in which the Indian Armed Forces has been called to action since the academy was established. The alumni include 3 Param Vir Chakra recipients and 9 Ashoka Chakra recipients
NDA alumni have led and fought in every major conflict in which the Indian Armed Forces has been called to action since the academy was established. The alumni include 3 Param Vir Chakra recipients and 9 Ashoka Chakra recipients.
NDA or National Defence Academy is a national institute for training selected young men for officer level entry into the Armed forces of India. NDA is located at Khadakwasla near Pune, Maharashtra. It is a training facility for the leaders of tomorrow who will be respected and followed. It is not just an institution but a way of life. NDA transforms a hesitant young cadet into an honourable, physically and mentally competent and polished man who is prepared for any kind of adversity that might face him; an officer and a gentleman.
The training at NDA is rigorous. In addition to service training for the army, navy and air force, the cadets are also taught academics to cover the graduation level degree in Arts, Sciences or Computers. The training at NDA is broken into six terms and the total duration of training is three years. Once their training is concluded, the cadets are awarded their bachelor’s degree at the passing out parade of NDA. Thereafter the cadets go to their respective service institutes i.e. the Indian Military Academy or IMA for army cadets, Air Force Academy Hyderabad for Air force cadets and Naval Academy Cochin for Naval Cadets.
To know more about NDA, please view this link, http://nda.nic.in
HOW TO APPLY FOR NDA:
NDA and NA written entrance examination is conducted by UPSC twice a year. Notification for the exam appears in all major national dailies in the month of Dec/Jan for the April exam and in the months of May/June for the September exam. The exam is held in the months of April and September. Candidates must apply to sit for the examination, online on the UPSC website after notification is released by UPSC.
|Tentative Vacancies Per Course||300 (Twice a year) or As notified from time to time Army - 195 Air Force - 66 Navy – 39|
|Notification in Employment News/ leading daily news Paper/ UPSC website||Jun and Dec as Notified by UPSC|
|Age||Between 16 ½ to 19 ½ yrs as of first day of the month in which course is due to commence.|
|Qualification||12th Class of 10+2 System of Education. Maths and Physics are compulsory for Air force and Navy. Commerce and Arts students can apply for army.|
|Sex||Male candidates only. Women cannot apply for NDA.|
|Likely SSB Date||Sep to Oct and Jan to Apr|
|Date Commencement of Training||Jan and Jul|
|Training Academy||NDA , Khadakwasla, Pune|
|Duration of Training||3 Yrs at NDA and 1 Yrs at IMA(For Army cadets)/ 3 Yrs at NDA and 1 Yrs at Naval Academy( for Naval cadets)/ 3 Yrs at NDA and 1 & ½ Yrs at AFA Hyderabad (For AF cadets)|
NDA EXAM PATTERN
NDA written exam is comprised of two tests. Duration of each test is two and a half hours and both are conducted on the same day, consecutively. Examination is set by the UPSC.
|Test/ Paper||Subject||Duration||Maximum Marks|
|II||General Ability Test||2.5 hours||600|
SYLLABUS FOR NDA EXAMINATION
MATHEMATICS (Maximum Marks 300):
Algebra: Concept of a set, operations on sets, Venn diagrams. De Morgan laws. Cartesian product, relation, equivalence relation. Representation of real numbers on a line. Complex numbers - basic properties, modulus, argument, cube roots of unity. Binary system of numbers. Conversion of a number in decimal system to binary system and vice-versa. Arithmetic, Geometric and Harmonic progressions. Quadratic equations with real coefficients. Solution of linear inequations of two variables by graphs. Permutation and Combination. Binomial theorem and its application. Logarithms and their applications.
Matrices and Determinants: Types of matrices, operations on matrices Determinant of a matrix, basic properties of determinant. Adjoint and inverse of a square matrix, Applications - Solution of a system of linear equations in two or three unknowns by Cramer's rule and by Matrix Method.
Trigonometry:Angles and their measures in degrees and in radians. Trigonometrical ratios. Trigonometric identities Sum and difference formulae. Multiple and Sub-multiple angles. Inverse trigonometric functions. Applications - Height and distance, properties of triangles.
Analytical Geometry of two and three dimensions:Rectangular Cartesian Coordinate system. Distance formula. Equation of a line in various forms. Angle between two lines. Distance of a point from a line. Equation of a circle in standard and in general form. Standard forms of parabola, ellipse and hyperbola. Eccentricity and axis of a conic. Point in a three dimensional space, distance between two points. Direction Cosines and direction ratios. Equation of a plane and a line in various forms. Angle between two lines and angle between two planes. Equation of a sphere.
Differential Calculus:Concept of a real valued function - domain, range and graph of a function. Composite functions, one to one, onto and inverse functions. Notion of limit, Standard limits - examples. Continuity of functions - examples, algebraic operations on continuous functions. Derivative of a function at a point, geometrical and physical interpreatation of a derivative - applications. Derivatives of sum, product and quotient of functions, derivative of a function with respect of another function, derivative of a composite function. Second order derivatives. Increasing and decreasing functions. Application of derivatives in problems of maxima and minima.
Integral Calculus and Differential equations: Integration as inverse of differentiation, integration by substitution and by parts, standard integrals involving algebraic expressions, trigonometric, exponential and hyperbolic functions. Evaluation of definite integrals - determination of areas of plane regions bounded by curves - applications. Definition of order and degree of a differential equation, formation of a differential equation by examples. General and particular solution of a differential equation, solution of first order and first degree differential equations of various types - examples. Application in problems of growth and decay.
Vector Algebra: Vectors in two and three dimensions, magnitude and direction of a vector. Unit and null vectors, addition of vectors, scalar multiplication of vector, scalar product or dot product of two-vectors. Vector product and cross product of two vectors. Applications-work done by a force and moment of a force, and in geometrical problems.
Statistics and Probability:
Statistics: Classification of data, Frequency distribution, cumulative frequency distribution - examples Graphical representation - Histogram, Pie Chart, Frequency Polygon - examples. Measures of Central tendency - mean, median and mode. Variance and standard deviation - determination and comparison. Correlation and regression.
Probability: Random experiment, outcomes and associated sample space, events, mutually exclusive and exhaustive events, impossible and certain events. Union and Intersection of events. Complementary, elementary and composite events. Definition of probability - classical and statistical - examples. Elementary theorems on probability - simple problems. Conditional probability, Bayes' theorem - simple problems. Random variable as function on a sample space. Binomial distribution, examples of random experiments giving rise to Binominal distribution.
GENERAL ABILITY TEST
Part ‘A’ - ENGLISH (Maximum Marks 200): The question paper in English will be designed to test the candidate’s understanding of English and workman like use of words. The syllabus covers various aspects like: Grammar and usage, vocabulary, comprehension and cohesion in extended text to test the candidate’s proficiency in English.
Part ‘B’ - GENERAL KNOWLEDGE (Maximum Marks 400):The question paper will consist of current affairs questions, questions from science, history, geography and polity. The NDA written exam syllabus includes subjects like History, Polity, Economics, Maths, Geography, Physics, Biology, Chemistry, Current Affairs, GK, English etc.
RESULTS OF NDA EXAMINATION
UPSC declares the result of NDA written exam in 3-4 months after the written exam. The same can be viewed on the UPSC website. Being a competitive exam and there is no fixed cut off percentage for passing. Candidates who perform better are sent the call letters for SSB interviews. The final merit list is prepared after the SSB interviews final result and displayed on the UPSC website. Joining instructions are sent to students based on vacancies available as per the merit list.